iACT Announcements - Week of 2/11
* February 11th - L2L Meeting @ Central Office @ 4:00, Board Meeting @ 7:00
* February 12th - Asst. Principal Meeting @ Scott Elementary (9:00 a.m.)
TxEDTuesday_Schedule - Please try and tweet “Why do you love your schools?” Don’t forget to #TxEdTuesday.
* February 13th - IDC Members travel to Burkburnett for PBL Site Visit, New Teacher Meeting @ Central Office (3:45 p.m.)
* February 14th - Happy Valentine’s Day!
* February 15th -
* February 18th - Professional Learning Day (Campus-based), 3-6th ELAR teachers at Admin Training Room, Librarians in Board Room, SLO Check #3 is due
* February 19th - Principal Meeting @ Vernon (9:00 a.m.), STEM Innovators Coaching Day
* February 20th - STEMformation Training @ Admin Training Room (8:30), 4th Grade Writing Meeting @ Scott (3:30 p.m.)
* February 21st - K-2 ELAR Cadre Meeting @ Admin Training Room (8:30), STEM Innovator Coaching Day
* February 22 -
12 Anchor Charts to Help Teach Financial Literacy to Your Students
By teaching financial literacy in the classroom, you can help students learn critical life lessons and build important skills. Topics like saving money and learning how to be money smart are great add-ons to any math curriculum. Plus, it will help set kids up for future success - http://bit.ly/2DE5ieD
18 Perfect Read-Alouds for Teaching Growth Mindset
One easy way to encourage growth mindset is through engaging, purposeful read-alouds. Here’s a link to 18 growth mindset books for kids, all of which can help jumpstart conversations about failure, risk-taking, and persistence - http://bit.ly/2DtJIJu
New Bulb Features
Bulb rolled out several new bulb features this month including private profiles, archived collections and our new iOS app. This google doc explains these features - http://bit.ly/2G7upKk
40 Sanity-Saving Indoor Recess Ideas
With all this rain, outdoor recess isn’t an option!
Indoor recess can actually have some benefits. Playing in the classroom can help kids build social skills, like teamwork, cooperation, and sharing. It can give them time for creative play and free choice (which, in the course of a regular school day, may not happen very often). And it can also teach kids to choose appropriate activities and use their time wisely. Here are 40 fun indoor recess ideas, some new and some tried and true - http://bit.ly/2Dug1rT