Sunday, November 25, 2018
iACT Announcements - Week of 11/26
* November 26th - IDC Meeting @ CO @ 4:00 p.m.
* November 27th - Literacy Coaching @ Davis (Jayne Knighton), Relay Cohort to training in Dallas
* November 28th - New Teachers Meeting @ 3:45 p.m. @ CO, SAC Meeting @ 4:00 p.m. (CO)
* November 29th - Literacy Coaching @ Scott (Jayne Knighton),
* November 30th - First Responders Luncheon at CO
* December 3rd - English I EOC, Learn2Lead Meeting @ 4:00 @ CO
* December 4th - Algebra I EOC, Literacy Coaching @ MMV with (Jayne Knighton)
* December 5th - English II EOC, Benchmark Assessment System Training with Debbie Jarzombek, K-8 Textbook Adoption Meeting @ CO (3:45 p.m.)
* December 6th - Biology EOC, Literacy Coaching @ Fort (Jayne Knighton)
* December 7th - US History EOC
TEKS Resource System Pacing Guides
If you use TEKS Resource System (ELAR, SLAR, Math, Science, Social Studies), Region 10 has pacing tools that help you plan each unit to meet the designated number of days. In order to login, you will need to login to your Region 10 account and when prompted to put in the pacing tool password, enter “R10pacingtools”. These tools provide performance assessments, daily teaching suggestions, and formative assessment ideas. These are extremely helpful in planning units and to fully understanding the scope and contents of each unit. Be sure to check them out!
John Hattie’s High Impact Teaching Strategies:
A great reminder on the importance of John Hattie's High Impact Teaching Strategies:
1.) Your actions can make a difference despite other hurdles that your students may face.
2.) Some approaches to your work as a teacher are likely to have a far larger impact than others. Therefore, it makes sense to start with those.
3.) No approach to teaching will work for every student, all of the time. As a result, you need to be always aware of the impact that you are having on your students. Then you adjust your approach when necessary.
Check out his website for more information